Run the Great Bacon Race!
Countdown to the Great Bacon Race
The Great Bacon Race
This fantastic event is more than just a running race. It is a full morning of fun and excitement designed to celebrate the accomplishment of crossing a finish line… for EVERYBODY.
The Great Bacon Race features three separate running events surrounded by a great pavilion of entertainment and activities:
- A chip-timed 5K and 10K race, with age-division and stroller-division recognition and prizes.
- A half mile kids run with finisher’s medals for all participants.
- A very special run, Holdyn’s Race, for special needs runners.
The Great Bacon Race is a fundraising event for the Vancouver chapter of the March of Dimes.
Not Just Another “Theme Race”
Let’s face it… With the exploding number of races around the country, in order to stand out, a race needs to both offer the fun and excitement of a great concept AND the excellent execution that makes it a great race for competitive runners. While the Great Bacon Race is PROUD to offer our participants the best in bacon-themed goodness, we’re also passionately committed to it being a great race for the runners themselves, so we will feature:
- disposable chip timing with instant results
- a carefully measured and thoroughly marked course
- a personalized race bib so spectators can cheer you on by name
- a gender specific race shirt you’ll actually want to wear (and special shirts available for the spectators and kid’s run participants too!)
- an absolutely amazing finisher’s medal designed to be a standout in your running bling collection
- custom medals and awards for each age group, plus a special group for runners who race pushing a stroller
- best-in-class nutrition and hydration support throughout the course
- free race photographs available for download, with options to purchase high-resolution images (with all proceeds going to the March of Dimes)
In addition to the traditional post-race treat for racers, the Great Bacon Race will feature a “spectator pass” that allows the people there to support their runner to join him or her after the race for:
- a delicious smoked pulled pork taco prepared by the Great Escape Catering Company
- all you can eat premium bacon
- a cold pint of beer courtesy of Railside Brewery
- soda and non-alcoholic alternative beverages
There will also be several local food trucks offering a variety of food and beverages for purchase throughout the morning.
Beyond “Family Friendly”
The Great Bacon Race is all about celebrating the accomplishment of crossing a finish line, and no runner could finish a race without the support of family, friends, and a great race volunteer staff. We’ve put those together to make an incredible day for ALL the participants, including licensed childcare at the start/finish line so single parent runners can participate confident that their kids are safe & entertained while they are on the course.